Now, I know many of you may not be traveling to Hong Kong in the near future, but I wanted to show you the staples of my makeup bag while I was there. Hong Kong’s weather is very much like the southern United States in the summer—hot and very humid (think 85 degrees F and up, and up to 90% humidity daily). In fact, the weather is like any tropical region as well– including Hawaii, so if you are hitting up a humid spot this summer, this just might come in handy!
Above are the very bare bones of what I brought ( I brought more, but these were the workhorses) mixed in with some of my kitschy finds!
1. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin ($18): I received this free with an Ulta order (you can pretty much get this free at Ulta all the time) and a few spritzes made my hair look awesome, even with the crappy hotel blow dryer and the crazy humidity.
2. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Apricot ($4.99): This perfect peachy color and thin tube meant I could stick this in a pocket and I never looked overdone during the daytime of crazy touristy things!
3. Benefit Gimme Brown in Light/Medium ($22): A no fuss tinted brow gel that kept me polished for nice dinners out but never smudged or ran, even when I was ‘glistening’.
4. bareMinerals Ready blush in The French Kiss ($22): Great staying power and a universally flattering color!
5. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream ($35): A larger review of this will be up soon, but this kept me looking gorgeous (and people complimented my skin) even when it started pouring with monsoon-status rains.
6. NYX Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner ($5.99): Has officially made holy grail status as a black liner for me, especially since it withstood extreme humidity for up to 15 hours straight.
7. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Grapefruit ($7.50): With SPF 25 and a cheery scent, it wasn’t so hard to perk up from the jet lag with this.
8. NYX Matte Blotting Paper ($3.99): Blotting papers are a must in weather like Hong Kong’s, and these are my favorite!
What are your favorite hot and humid weather products?
Oh, and more photos!
Above is my favorite pastel-colored building, the Stanley beach, and the entire city at night from the tallest point!