“The Fair Foundation Files” will be a mini-series going on in the next few weeks because I have recently picked up a handful of foundations specifically for my fair skin and skin needs. I know this won’t be the most helpful for all my readers because not everyone has this skin tone and I am aware of that, but I also know for many it can be a problem to find a very light foundation shade. At the very least, I hope my comments on the formula of the foundations are helpful, and you can choose your own shade.
See my first post to learn more about my skin and needs/wants!
There has been some buzz about this new foundation that just launched from the bareMinerals line Buxom. I recently got a sample of this and was eager to try it out.
This is Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation in the shade Dim the Lights.
- This boasts light to medium coverage and broad spectrum SPF 30.
- Dim the Lights is described as a “warm yellow shade for light skin tones”
- Honestly, the fairest shade Fair Game would probably suit me better, but samples only came in a few shades. I have neutral undertones but this was still a decent match.
- The price is $34 and this is formulated with tamarind, Vitamin C, and marine algae extracts to give skin 8 hours of moisturized wear.
- The SPF!
- I love the Buxom/bareMinerals brand and trust it won’t break me out (and it didn’t)
- The added moisture
- The dewy glow
- I still felt uncomfortable with the coverage
- Felt it was a bit too yellow on my skin