It’s Ipsy time. This months’ bag was centered mostly on skin care. Was I impressed? Let’s find out!
I received 5 products this month. The bag is cute, but not amazing. I’ll break down the products and my thoughts.
1. 4 Proactiv Mark Fading Pads. These have 5% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid. I haven’t tested these as last time I tried Proactiv, I broke out. My skin may have some mild acne but it is sensitive to anything harsh. There isn’t a specific price on the Proactiv website as these are sold in a kit, but I would say this is about $5 worth.
2. Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl. This is pretty worthless to me. Way too creamy, and such a tiny size. Oh well. The full size retails for $14.99 but to me, this is worth zero. If I was going to give it a price, I would say maybe $3.
3. Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural. This is really pretty! A flattering rose/nude color and is decently hydrating. The retail value on the full size is $30. This is a half size and does not come with the lip brush as it does in their online store. So to me, I could see this worth $10-$15.
4. Epice Purifying Exfoliant. I really love this. Made the bag worth it. On their website, their skincare is made to work with the Clarisonic, which I have. But it works with just your hands and water as well. The full retail for a 3.3 oz size is $32 and this is a 1 oz size. So, about a $10 value here.
5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner. I like getting hair things in my Ipsy bag. My hair is a mess right now, so hopefully this will help. It smells decent and feels pretty good on my split ends. For $17.95 the full size is 8.5 oz. This is 1.7 oz. I can barely do math, BUT, this is worth about $4.
Overall value: $32. A little less for me than other bags, but still three times more than the price of an Ipsy bag!
Did you love this months’ Ipsy bag? Tell me what you got!