Hey everyone!I honestly couldn’t be more excited for this post. It is going to be a long one, and picture heavy, but hopefully really fun! The ‘I Want To Look Like’ series will be ongoing, and is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I will be getting inspiration from characters in movies/tv shows/actors/ads/etc, and of course…any suggestions you have! Each post will include the original look, and a look modified for daytime wear. I will also include all the products used, and there will be posts on my two other blogs, Miss Molotov and Impressionist Nails to help round out the look.Let’s get started!
For my inaugural post, I chose Narcissa Malfoy. Being a huge Harry Potter fan (and nerd in general), she is someone I have always loved. Her style progresses throughout the films (sadly mentioned next to no times in the books), from very classic and stuffy to darker and more natural. These looks aren’t a complete copy of her makeup, but are inspired by her.
I also had a ton of fun with photoshop and being a geek with this in general. It was fun trying to get that ‘Malfoy’ attitude while posing. I don’t have half-blonde hair though, but we will have to make do. And Helen McCrory is flawless.Both of my looks started with the same base products:
1: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk: Used as a base/primer on eyes.
2. Clinique Even Better Foundation in Alabastor: My base of choice right now.
3. Cocoa Star Too Faced Shadow from the Natural at Night Palette: Used to fill in brows. Heavy in the first look and lighter in the secocnd.
4. Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Fair: Under eye
5. NYX Liquid Black Liner: A larger wing on the first look, and simpler on the second.
6. Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Here is the first look—full on Narcissa glam.
For the full look, I used the products below:
1. bareMinerals loose shadow in Treasured Terri: Foiled and used on whole eye.
2. NYX single eye shadow in Exotic Green: used in crease
3. Mally Ever Color Automatic Eyeliner in Fierce Forest: used on bottom lash line.
4. Essence Renesmee Red blush: No longer available, but any red blush will do.
5. Essence Bella’s Secret: for highlight.
6. NYX Retractable Waterproof liner in Red: line lips
8. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Game Changer
: a dab on the middle of the lower lip.
This look was so fun to do, but now, let’s lighten it up for everyday wear!
For the softer version, I used the following products:
1. Clinique All About Shadow Quad in On Safari
: used the cream as highlight, olive on the whole lid, and forest green on the crease.
2. Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino: a little on the cheeks gives a strong blush and highlight.
3. Sephora Flashy Liner in Flashy Ultra Green: on lower lash line.
I had fun playing with all of my green shadows, and a ton of fun doing this in general!
Hope you enjoyed! If you have someone you would like me to do a feature on for the next volume of “I Want To Look Like…” tell me in the comments!